Vanilla and Mascarpone Ice Cream
Time: 20 minutes
- 375g Galbani® Mascarpone Cheese
- 375 ml. whole milk
- 120 g. caster sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- .Start by placing an airtight container in the freezer.
- On a cutting board or directly on your work surface, cut your vanilla bean into small pieces.
- Pour half the milk into a large bowl, add the vanilla bean pieces, and stir for a few minutes.
- In a second bowl, beat the mascarpone with the sugar and the remaining milk until smooth.
- Add the vanilla milk by pouring it through a fine sieve and mix thoroughly.
- Add the mixture to your ice cream maker, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, just follow these steps:
- Pour the mixture into the container you had placed in the freezer.
- Place the container in the freezer for about 2 hours.
- Take it out and stir the mixture, making sure to scrape the edges to avoid the formation of ice crystals.
- Repeat this two more times.
- Let it freeze for two hours and mix again and so on.
- Once you’ve done this, put it back in the freezer for 7-8 hours.
It’s ready! You’ve just made delicious homemade vanilla ice cream. Now it’s time to taste it!
Browse our site to discover new ideas for quick and easy recipes to make at home!
Garnish slices of cake or pie with a scoop of your delicious ice cream. This vanilla ice cream can easily be modified to make different flavours!
Top it with a spoonful of Chantilly cream to make it even more special!
You can add a bit of powdered sugar to the mixture for a slightly sweeter version.
You can also serve your ice cream with some custard.
Experiment with different ingredients like chocolate, coffee, cherry, almond, apple, or caramel ice cream to make a variety of ice cream flavours!
Here are some easy steps to make homemade custard:
1. Boil 1L of milk and add the seeds from a vanilla bean.
2. Meanwhile, cream 6 egg yolks with sugar.
3. Stir your egg mixture into the hot milk and beat until light white foam forms.
4. Fill a pan with water and place it on the stove over low heat.
5. Place your bowl with the egg and milk mixture over the pan with simmering water, which will prevent your mixture from scalding, and